I took some store bought (Costco) chocolate chip cookies along on a hike. It got hot, very hot, up to 100 F (38 C) and so the the chocolate in the cookies melted. I ended up with a Ziploc bag full of a gooey mess. As I was holding the bag, feeling the soft consistency I had an idea: Why not melt the chocolate all the way and form some dessert balls from it. I put the Ziploc bag in the midday sun for a little while, then mixed the bag contents well and formed the little balls. There was no need to add anything.
Making these with kids should be fun, I’ll try….